Navigating the Pathway to Your Success
High School Sophomore Year: College Preparation Checklist
During Sophomore year, you should begin to narrow your focus of interests. In terms of college and career preparation, the following considerations should be addressed during a student's Sophomore year:
- Take the PSAT. This will allow you to practice for the SAT and place your name on a list to receive college brochures.
- Stay on track with academics. Be certain that your courses are preparing you for your college goals.
- Begin to learn about the college admissions process. Familiarize yourself with entrance requirements.
- Continue exploring career options.
- Work toward leadership in your extracurricular activities. Become involved in community service.
- Read! Read! Read!
- Practice your writing skills.
- Get advice from counselors on advanced placement and post-secondary enrollment options.
- Keep the GPA up!
- Begin to actively search for colleges.
- Contact colleges that interest you. Attend college fairs and compare college criteria that meets your interest.
- Consider taking SAT Subject Tests.