High School Senior Year: College Preparation Checklist
Keep track of the college admissions process. Be aware of deadlines. Do not Procrastinate! In terms of college preparation, the following considerations should be addressed during a student's Senior year:
- Visit schools and complete applications.
- Finalize your list of college choices.
- Keep up academics and activities.
- Take your standardized tests.
- Ask for letters of recommendation.
- Meet with your guidance counselor to discuss the admissions process.
- Complete all college applications.
- Continue seeking scholarships.
- Act on any schools that make early decisions on acceptance.
- Follow up on applications.
- Submit financial aid forms.
- Send colleges your mid-year grade reports.
- Watch your mail for college notifications.
- Keep track of any wait lists.
- Compare financial aid packages.
- Make a final college decision.
- Follow up on financial information.
- Complete all enrollment paperwork.
Congratulate yourself! You have graduated high school and are preparing to embark on an exciting new phase in life. Best of Luck!!